Queens College of Guyana Alumni Association (Toronto)
The current House System consisting of ten Houses was first
introduced in 1916 when the school of about 70 students was
divided into 'A' and 'B' Houses.
In 1922 formal names: Percival, Raleigh and Austin respectively,
were given to the first three Houses, 'A', 'B', and 'C' based on a
system of drawn lots.
'E' House was named for Mr.E.O.Pilgrim , longest serving Q.C.
Pilgrim was one of seven Houses added later in 1945/1946. It
was selected based on a poll among a section of the school at that
House colours were first introduced into School ties as a mark of
distinction in 1933.
Purple is the Pilgrim House Colour